Project: Rocket Menu
Rocket Menu is an application indicator quick launch menu for Ubuntu Unity. It provides a convenient method of opening files, folders, web addresses and network (SSH/SFTP, FTP, SMB) drives.
As described by WebUpd8:
Think of Rocket Menu as a bookmark menu that sits in your top Unity bar, which allows accessing multiple resources from the same menu.
The app supports adding entries for files, directories, websites and remote connections. These can be added to Rocket Menu from its Connections Editor, which can be accessed from indicator menu (“Edit Connections”). You’ll have to click “Apply” after making any changes via Connections Editor, for the changes to show up in the AppIndicator menu.
Rocket Menu is specifically targeted at Ubuntu 16.04 running the default Unity desktop. To install Rocket Menu, add the PPA to your system with the following terminal command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:corenominal/rocket-menu
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install rocket-menu
Once installed, you should be able to find a launcher for the application in your dash, just search for “rocket”. Rocket Menu should automatically start when you login to Unity, just look for the rocket icon in your Unity bar.
Rocket menu is a simple application and the settings are limited to changing the location of your “connections” file (the file that stores your menu items). This allows for syncing and sharing the same file across multiple systems via a service such as ownCloud or Dropbox.
Issues & Feedback
If you find any issues, please feel free to submit them here. If you have any feedback, feel free to contact me.
- 2016-09-10 Update changelog for rebuild deb package
- 2016-09-10 Merge pull request #4 from adamwojs/feature/menu-headers
- 2016-09-10 Allow to create disabled menu items
- 2016-09-07 Update changelog for rebuild deb package
- 2016-09-06 Merge pull request #3 from adamwojs/master
- 2016-09-06 Bugfix: "Apply" button in connection editor should be activated, afte…
- 2016-09-06 Update changelog and add python-webob dependency
- 2016-09-06 Add a couple of example terminal commands
- 2016-09-05 Merge pull request #2 from adamwojs/feature/cmd-run
- 2016-09-05 Correct handling of existing settings file
- 2016-09-04 Add ability to run shell command from menu
- 2016-08-07 Update debian/changelog
- 2016-08-07 Add missing dependencies
- 2016-08-07 Merge pull request #1 from mouradhamoud/master
- 2016-08-07 Improve connections editor
- 2016-07-27 Update readme
- 2016-07-04 Update debian control and changelog
- 2016-07-01 Initial import
- 2016-06-28 Initial commit