Project: Rocket Menu
Rocket Menu is an application indicator quick launch menu for Ubuntu Unity. It provides a convenient method of opening files, folders, web addresses and network (SSH/SFTP, FTP, SMB) drives.
As described by WebUpd8:
Think of Rocket Menu as a bookmark menu that sits in your top Unity bar, which allows accessing multiple resources from the same menu.
The app supports adding entries for files, directories, websites and remote connections. These can be added to Rocket Menu from its Connections Editor, which can be accessed from indicator menu (“Edit Connections”). You’ll have to click “Apply” after making any changes via Connections Editor, for the changes to show up in the AppIndicator menu.
Rocket Menu is specifically targeted at Ubuntu 16.04 running the default Unity desktop. To install Rocket Menu, add the PPA to your system with the following terminal command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:corenominal/rocket-menu
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install rocket-menu
Once installed, you should be able to find a launcher for the application in your dash, just search for “rocket”. Rocket Menu should automatically start when you login to Unity, just look for the rocket icon in your Unity bar.
Rocket menu is a simple application and the settings are limited to changing the location of your “connections” file (the file that stores your menu items). This allows for syncing and sharing the same file across multiple systems via a service such as ownCloud or Dropbox.
Issues & Feedback
- 2016-09-10Update changelog for rebuild deb package
- 2016-09-10Merge pull request #4 from adamwojs/feature/menu-headers
- 2016-09-10Allow to create disabled menu items
- 2016-09-07Update changelog for rebuild deb package
- 2016-09-06Merge pull request #3 from adamwojs/master
- 2016-09-06Bugfix: "Apply" button in connection editor should be activated, afte…
- 2016-09-06Update changelog and add python-webob dependency
- 2016-09-06Add a couple of example terminal commands
- 2016-09-05Merge pull request #2 from adamwojs/feature/cmd-run
- 2016-09-05Correct handling of existing settings file
- 2016-09-04Add ability to run shell command from menu
- 2016-08-07Update debian/changelog
- 2016-08-07Add missing dependencies
- 2016-08-07Merge pull request #1 from mouradhamoud/master
- 2016-08-07Improve connections editor
- 2016-07-27Update readme
- 2016-07-04Update debian control and changelog
- 2016-07-01Initial import
- 2016-06-28Initial commit