Project: pwgenGUI – Easy Password Generator
Note: this application is now available as an online tool.
pwgenGUI is a simple Python GTK GUI application designed to help you easily generate secure random passwords. All passwords are generated by pwgen.
- Configurable options, including character length and the inclusion of uppercase, numeric and special characters.
- Saves settings across sessions, enabling you to use the same password policy.
- 1-click password generation — generates a password on application start.
- Easily copy passwords to clipboard.
pwgenGUI has been tested on and packaged for Ubuntu 16.04. To install pwgenGUI, add the PPA to your system with the following terminal command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:corenominal/pwgengui
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install pwgengui
Once installed, you should be able to find a launcher for the application in your dash, just search for “password”.
Issues & Feedback
- 2016-08-07 Add gir1.2-gtk-3.0, gir1.2-pango-1.0 to dependencies
- 2016-08-07 Update readme
- 2016-08-06 Adjust deb version for rebuild
- 2016-08-06 Remove git control dir from build
- 2016-08-06 Bump version and update debian files
- 2016-08-06 Debianize
- 2016-08-05 Add statusbar for notifications
- 2016-08-05 Save settings when options changed
- 2016-08-05 Initial import
- 2016-08-04 Initial commit