Project: Faviconator – Easy Favicon Maker
Faviconator is a simple Python GTK GUI application designed to help you easily create website favicons.
- Super-easy to use, open an existing image (square images work best), preview it, save as a favicon file
- Creates a combined 32x32px (as used by HiDPI/Retina displays) + 16x16px ico file
- Creates favicons from PNG, JPG and GIF images
- Supports alpha transparency for shaped favicons
- Uses ImageMagick behind the scenes for all image manipulation
Faviconator has been tested on and packaged for Ubuntu 16.04. To install Faviconator, add the PPA to your system with the following terminal command:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:corenominal/faviconator
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install faviconator
Once installed, you should be able to find a launcher for the application in your dash, just search for “favicon”.
Issues & Feedback
If you find any issues, please feel free to submit them here. If you have any feedback, feel free to contact me.